Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Let's Do It!

After much reading and research, I finally decided to convert my 72 Gallon bow front to a mini-reef. I've been keeping freshwater off and on for about 15 years and a little saltwater. If it's one thing I've learned it's that only bad things happen quickly for the aquarist.

Taking an inventory of my current equipment, I have:
- Tank
- Stand
- 48", 2x40w normal output (NO) fluorescent fixture
- Fluval 204 canister filter
- Fluval 404 canister filter
- Mag-Drive 5 pump
- Wet-Dry Filter

The only things I'm really going to use are the tank and stand. I'll hang onto the filters for setting up a quarantine later. There's no way the NO lights can support a reef. The Mag 5 is currently the return pump for the wet-dry. I might end up using it for a closed loop system.

Time to go shopping.

No comments: